I finally got some sewing done again for myself last week. I was working on a few dresses for a customer and got inspired by all of them leading to a new dress for myself.
I had some fabric over from my 1940s shirt dress I blogged about recently. I made that one from a huge double sheet I found in a local charity shop and had lots of material left.
The green glazed cotton was given to me by a friend ages ago. I have a few different colours. This colour matches the flowers in the sheet pattern like a dream.
I used an old STYLE pattern (according to the envelope it's from 1997), a pattern company I am not very familiar with so I guess they weren't around for a long time. It's a bridal pattern which I am not too keen on but the bridesmaids version is quite cute so I used it for the basic shape of the dress.
I chose view D with straight instead of puffed sleeves
I cut the bodice from the sheet left overs and the skirt from the green cotton
I then decided to draft a collar to pick up the solid colour again and think it turned out rather cute.
Of course I went cycling in it to get some cute action shots for you guys. I wore it to go fabric shopping...of course ;-D