9/18/2012

Recent creations, 1960s Tartan Pinafore and Double Collar Blouse, Stripey Betty Draper Dress, Red and Black Bombshell Dress and a simple quickie for myself....

Just a little update on my recent creations. I even got to sew for myself again for once.
1960s inspired tartan pinafore and blouse with double Peter Pan collar. This one was a customer request/idea I realised for her.
 
The other Betty Draper dress in stripey cotton. I love how different and seaside-y it turned out..
it is available here
 
Just another version of this one
 
This one always reminds me slightly of my husbands female colleague's mess dress.
 
And finally one for myself again. I had this fabric forever and just really wanted to use it.
I used a commercial pattern for it. It is Simplicity 2215, from the Cynthia Rowley collection. It's super easy and super quick. It's meant to be a pinafore dress I think but I made it a little more fitted as a dress.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the strawberry print shirt-waist dress. what pattern did you use for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a 1960s simplicity pattern. It's one of the how to sew patterns number 5022. It is one of my most made up patterns and I absolutely love it.

      Delete
  2. That Tratan Pinafore is just too too fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete