9/28/2012

Vintage inspired wedding dress and multi-coloured petticoat

Today I would like to share with you another wedding dress I made this summer. Mareen came to me with a picture of a wedding dress and petticoat she had seen on the Internet but couldn't find anywhere in the shops. I assume the other dress was a custom design as well. It was a very simple strappy bodice with full gathered skirt combine with a huge rainbow petticoat that was cut in different lengths to show off all the layers in it.
 
I love the idea and took on the challenge to make Mareen's version of it. We changed the top to a sweetheart neckline with proper straps and kept the shape of the skirt. The dress was made from white silk. The petticoat was made from different shades of blue and white netting, some of it with little spots. I really loved working on this dress, especially meeting Mareen, who flew out from Germany to come for a dress fitting.
 
But now, without further ado, the bride and groom:

 
 
I also made a little spotty tulle bolero to go with it. (not pictured)

1 comment: