4/29/2012

I got soaked

My husband and I ran the Bracknell Half Marathon today. It was my first HM race ever. I did the distance in training several times in the past year but never signed up to get an official time. It was about time....
It was a right miserable day all morning, chucking it down with rain, cold-ish winds...you see I am being very dramatic. That's how I felt.

We did brave the elements and made it through the finish line in 2:02:40. I am very chuffed with that time. I aimed for just under 2 hours so this is pretty close. I'll attempt another time to break the 2hour mark. Hopefully on a sunnier day. Enjoy my race pictures. I look awful but hey, make up and constant rain mixed with sweat does not hold up very well. Yes I do wear a little make up in races...I am naturally ginger and look completely dead without.

Me, exited before the race, sporting a very fashionable bin bag. Would this count as a homemade garment? What do you think?

Husband trying to get a shot of me but obviously I am far to fast for the camera ;-)

Running hard in the mud aka just a walk in the park

Tiered, wet, snotty and very proud mess at the end of it all


Check my medal, goodies bag and water bottle and ignore the face.

I am now presentable again, well watered and fed icing my knees with frozen soup for tomorrow. What a wonderful way to end the day!!!

I hope you l had a great weekend, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment