2/25/2013

Work in progress: Sew For Victory project number 2


As I mentioned in my previous Sew For Victory! post, I am working on two dresses for this challenge. Number two is going to be an evening dress/ formal dress. I need a just-in-case-a-formal-occasion-comes-up-dress. With a soldier husband, formal events are sometimes just around the corner and I always like to have a dress to pull out for unexpected occasions. This will be it.

I had no pattern to butcher and frankenstein to create this, so I tried draping it myself.


and then in fabric:


I decided for a nice rich green satin.


Little sneak peak. I think this is going to be a winner!!!!



 Hope you are all making great progress on your sewing project, part of the challenge or not.

10 comments:

  1. I am behind on my blouse project. Ugh!! I'm just glad it's a blouse and not a dress. So it won't take a lot of time to finish!

    The Fictionista
    {sean-mackenzie.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still time. I'm sure you'll be fine. So exited for everyone's projects.

      Delete
  2. It looks super so far!
    My trousers are being held for the arrival of my new sewing machine, in the meantime, I am enjoying everyone else's posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your machine has arrive and makes your trouser project a breeze to sew.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see more of your dress! It's looking great so far. I love that you're making a dress to wear to a potential fancy party with your soldier husband. That scenario just fits right in with Sew For Victory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love going down the vintage route for those occasions. There are not too many opportunities for proper evening attire otherwise :-(

      Delete
  4. I think it's going to be a winner too! That lovely green will work so well with your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that, when I saw the green. It's such a red head colour.

      Delete
  5. It looks wonderful thus far. Your talent in draping your own dress design is impressive...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it turns out alright in the end. So far, so good.... ;-)

      Delete