2/26/2011

High waisted nautical trousers, Spring palette item number four and an outfit inspired by Gwen

Here it is, Spring Palette piece of clothing number four. A pair of nautical inspired high waisted navy trousers. I am in love with them. I prefer them to the Burda style I have made before here and here because they have pockets. I used Mc Calls M5592 that I have had for a while but always thought they might be a little complicated.
Nope they are not. They are straight forward to make and I am sure I will make them again. They are a tad big on me but that's OK. Means I can wear them out to dinner and have desert too ;-)
 I used the anchor buttons again, I used on the red shorts
 I lined the pockets with red start print fabric I had scraps of. I love using up scrap fabric!!!
When I was looking online for inspiration for future projects and outfits I stumbles across this picture of Gwen Stefani, who is one of my style icons for obvious reasons. After seeing that picture I thought, this is the look I want to go for today. So I did. Do you think I pulled it off?
Here are some shots of my hair and make up too. I went for a faux fringe and high pony tail (faux short ;-) pony tail ...my hair is a little longer than Gwen's) Have a great weekend everyone.

6 comments:

  1. great looking pants...they fit you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pants turned out really awesome! The polka dot pockets are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so lucky to have come across your blog. I LOVE IT! And your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic! And you definitely rock the Gwen look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you pulled the look off beautifully. The trousers turned out great, love the pocket detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the trousers - you make it sounds so simple! Your hair looks awesome and you look so pretty in red.

    ReplyDelete