3/31/2011

Cotton candy cuteness

It's time for another dress. I made this one with my upcoming holiday in mind. I wanted a dress that was screaming Spring, Summer, Fun and Fairground and I think I have achieved exactly that.
I frankensteined my trusted shirt waist pattern that I have now made soooo many times I am afraid to show any other versions of it now in case I bore you to death with it. But this one is worth showing as it's different to the original pattern. I turned it into a halter dress.
I used turquoise and white polka dot cotton, some left over broderie anglaise from my Spring Palette blouse, baby pink vintage-y buttons and baby pink bias binding around the edges.
Now, who's going to buy me some cotton candy, a milkshake and a burger and fries at the next fun fair?

5 comments:

  1. So so so cute :) I love the color, the polka dots, the collar...okay everything!

    You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I like the bias binding detail quite a lot. I have tried to sew binding like this a couple of times but never get it straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little collar - you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! You did a great job 'frankensteining' that pattern. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! I love shirtdresses too, and I would love to see all your versions.

    ReplyDelete