2/03/2012

Too early, it's not Spring yet dress...

I think I might have gotten a little confused lately. The sun is out shining brightly on a daily basis here but unfortunately it's freezing cold at the same time. I think I didn't get the freezing-cold-memo because I got a little carried away making a dress that could not be more appropriate for this time of year.


I had the fabric in my stash since last summer and never cut into it. It's just a cute floral print cotton in nautical colours that I turned into another 1960s shift dress. I decided to give the design a nautical touch by adding a white sailor style collar.




I added pockets into the side seams (you can see the red fabric I used for them peeking out in the picture above)


collar detail

back



1 comment:

  1. Even though we haven't had proper cold this winter (till very recently) I certainly think Spring all the time. The dress is gorgeous, the fabric is beautiful and I love the hint of red from pockets.

    ReplyDelete