4/18/2010

Day out

I had my birthday-day out yesterday. My actual birthday is not until Monday but we are both at work that day so we had a nice day out (I got to pick where to go) on Saturday instead.
We went to Audley End in Saffron Walden in Essex an old stately Jacobean mansion and boy did it not disappoint. We had a lovely picnic in the grounds around the house, took a tour of the very impressive mansion, and strolled through the grounds and gardens. If you are local or planing to visit the UK, I very much recommend this as a place to go and see. The town of Saffron Walden looks very beautiful too. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to walk through the town but we are planing to go back in May/June time when they have opened the stables as an extension to the variety of things to do and see on the grounds.
I also got to wear my new dress out. It was still a bit chilly so I wore a top underneath and tights but I am sure I will get lots of wear out of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment