9/17/2010

SSS continues...

with matching bag
with matching kitty
Day 10, magenta coloured shirt waist dress. I went for a beehive hair style again. I am liking the sixties at the moment. I think that has something to do with the fact that I can make up little 60s style dresses a lot quicker. I am struggling a bit with the SSS challenge because a lot of my dresses are very summery and don't really work at this time of the year. This means I need to extend my wardrobe as quick as I can or I am stuck with just a few styles. This means Hello Sixties for me!!


Day 11, this is one of the new dresses I made recently. It's a floral print poly cotton. I don't really like poly cotton much but I still had this in my fabric stash and thought I would have to use it some time or other. It's a nice print and I love the colours, it just doesn't feel as nice as most of my other dresses. The pattern used for this one is the same one I used here.
Day 12
Another little cotton dress. This is very old. I made this before I started the blog. Just another cotton number with buttons all the way down the front.
Day 13 and 14. I wore the same dress twice in a row, only the dress!!! I went to London on day 14 and wanted to wear it to the Horrockses Fashion exhibition. I finally went after I missed out on the blogger meet up Tilly had organised in July More about my trip in another post... It's black cotton with a green and blue trimming added across the bust. The pattern I used is Simplicity 9050, view 3. I loved this pattern so much I made another dress form the same pattern and I have plans for other more dresses using it.
This is me wearing it out in Camden after the exhibition. I didn't get a better picture of the dress on the day. Too much to see, too much to do...

Day 15, I felt a little nautical. Spotty pleated skirt, which is another old project dragged out into the daylight to avoid to many repetitions. I combined it with a thrifted Laura Ashley top and kept it very casual. I was working at home so I don't really do much with my hair etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment