6/28/2011

Black lace and satin...work in progress

This is another dress I was working on last week. It was a request from my friend Charis. The brief was a simple fitted bodice, high boat neck, lace over satin (back lace only) and a plain satin skirt, slinky.
We went fabric shopping together, found some lovely black lace and a black crepe back satin. The dress is also fully lined
So I started with the pattern, very simple bodice with a bust dart and two front darts left and right, the back has 2 darts from the waist up on each side as well. (I am so not good describing these things but I hope it makes sense looking at the pictures.
I attached the lace to the satin for the front bodice the same way I did for the navy lace dress. I went for a side zip because I didn't want a zip ruining the lovely sheer lace back.
The skirt was a simple A-line that I kept very narrow towards the hem. I asked if she wanted me to leave a little slip for easy walking but she didn't. Definitely no running on the night lady!!
The finished dress has left me on Friday and I have been promised pictures. The due is this weekend so I hopefully there will be action shots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment